With Love From Oma
The song of the crickets seems louder each night. Here and there a crimson leaf hangs in a tree. And you can feel it in the air. Autumn's coming. The last few nights sure have been cooler - down to a balmy 12 last night. Not quite time to bring out winter duvets, but cool enough to require an extra blankey or two. Last night the boys wore long sleeve jammies to bed and snuggled down under their quilts and knitted blankets. Riley too. All of them, lovingly made, by Oma.
8 comments:
I have a blanket that my great-grandmother, Oma Frida, crocheted. My Oma handed it down to me after my Oma Frida died a few years ago. I love nothing more than to curl up under it when the nights get chilly! It keeps me warm and reminds me of her.
Soon it will be your turn to make quilts for your Grandchildren. You remember how to quilt, don't you?
Hi Amber. My boys are too young to get it yet but Ri appreciates her Oma's blankets. But she's ten...and female. ;-) One day I think they'll all appreciate them. For now, though, they make really great tents.
Quilting. I never finished the sampler we made in that class all those years ago. Lucky for me, one of my bestest pals in the whole wide world knows how to quilt. Phew. (Guess you didn't win that quilt from the Gardening Show, eh? Hope my mentioning it, isn't painful.)
Well, I managed to bury that painful memory of my loss, and now you bring it up again.
I was soooo sure I'd win!
Well, look at it his way. You got to spend the whole day with me. (Can you say, sucker?)
There's something special about homemade warm stuff- quilts, mitts, socks. Especially when it's made by someone who loves you.
It means more. I love it.
Post a Comment