Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

I Think I Can

I was out the door early (for me) this morning, dropped the boys off at a friend's and then drove to the Saturday Farmers' Market. What a zoo! First things first, I made my way to the Niagara peaches.

"Ask about our canning special," the sign said.

I did and thirty five seconds later I was the proud owner of three flats of peaches. They held them for me while I walked around, picking up some maple syrup and wild blueberries, throwing a toonie in the guitar case of one of the buskers, and petting a few dogs. I can't resist a cute dog. Once finished, the guy at the stand helped me carry the peaches out to the car. Turns out peaches are heavy. Now I just have to decide whether I'm going to stick to the usual sliced peaches or hold some back and try something new. I'll be sure to let you know.

Alright. Here we go...

5 comments:

Dorito said...

Peaches are heavy! HAHA!

Unknown said...

yum! I'd eat them before you I got to canning them.....

Liz said...

And I only had to carry one flat. Poor guy.

Liz - Ri was doing to same thing. Thus, the fly swatter.

Dorito said...

I'm really tempted to tell you to "Can it"...

Liz said...

Why should now be any different?