Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Wow! Just, Wow!!

The Pedal for Hope campaign is wrapping up at school and, as of this writing, the kids have raised just shy of a whopping $19,000! Cameron handed in $540 in pledges today and, thanks to that stylish hair cut he received, was responsible for bringing in another $70 in on-line donations (made by a couple of my blogging buddies, I might add). You guys are all awesome.

So, time for a shout-out to all of you who were kind enough to give to pediatric cancer research...

Dorito, Enos, Oma & Opa, Grandma & Grandpa, Shane, Darlene, Marlene, Mrs. B, Aunt Marian, Aunt Margaret, Rob & Amy, Cammy & Nolan, Kathy, Jeff, Lizzy, Bob, Shelley, Tracey, Rick, Larry and to my blogging buddies, Cheryl and Sharon. You've all made Cameron one proud little man. And you've touched my heart more than you can know. Thank you.

Thank you!  Merci!  (It is a french immersion school, after all)

Please, check out the school website for the latest. Wow.

20 comments:

Fiona said...

Congratulations Cameron.
What a terrific cause, your mum is justifiably proud.

K said...

Well done!!!!

The Idiot said...

Nice haircut!

Congrats on the fund-raising; that's some going!

Anonymous said...

That's MY nephew!!

Mara said...

Oh well done! And Cameron can just keep on giving can't he? Once his hair has grown back, he can have it cut again?

Mare said...

Well done Cameron, you've done a great thing.

Sharon Longworth said...

Brilliant! You and Cameron should both be very proud.
And as for me - donation aside, which was an easy thing to do compared with Cameron's efforts - I'm very happy indeed to be considered a blogging buddy.

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

Aw Liz...I need a tissue! Thanks for putting me in that elite league of blogging buddies. I am honoured. Like I have said before, it is easier for me to part with a few of hubby's hard earned loonies, instead of my waist long locks!! Tell Cameron for me he did an excellent job, I am looking forward to next year!

Dorito said...

Time for some honesty here:

I donated to get into Cammy's good books.

Olga said...

Congratulations on the fund-raising success!

Liz said...

Thanks blogging buddies!

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

Hi Liz.

I was just wondering if everything is ok? Haven't heard from you in a few days, and well, I miss you. Thinking about you and yours.

Cheryl

Liz said...

Hi Cheryl - all's good. Life's a little busy, the playoffs are on (stupid tv) and I bought a damn crossword book. I should know better. Thanks for checking, though. (I love my blogging buddies)

C.J. said...

Loved catching up with you via blog. I haven't blogged in so so long that I've forgotten my password. Two jobs will do that to a person maybe. You make me smile and laugh every time I check in. Missed you. Wish you were a facebook friend.
(I'm C.J. from Wisconsin- in case the password I enter below makes me post as Cindy or Cynthia Josephina or another alias. :D)

Da Bonkmonster said...

this is comment number 1. We, your loyal followers wish to be treated to an updated blog soon or we will launch a pre-emtive strike against the`Backward Leonard`. (by the way, `we your loyal followers` mostly means me as I have as of yet to talk to the others)

Da Bonkmonster said...

This is the first comment left by one of your loyal followers exressing our extreme sadness with the forgotten blog. oh please please give us an update. Surely something exciting must have happened since May 2nd in the Leonard homestead.

Da Bonkmonster said...

oooops, double commented. still getting refreshed with this commenting thing. Ok, so it is comments 1 2 and 3. 197 to go. C'mon Dorito, join the fun. Can't do this all by myself.
Da-Bonkmonster

Da Bonkmonster said...

comment number 4 from this Dufus, 18 total. I will disregard the first 14 and see that I now have 196 to go 200. maybe the lovely Dorito will catch wind of this and help me out a wee bit. *hint hint*

Liz said...

CJ! Glad you dropped by. Whenever I 'see' you, I think of lemon balm. Did you ever harvest some?

Calvin McBoink! Roberto! Cuz! You're back. This is so awesome! I've missed you!

(Mental note: read up on 'blocking people')

C.J. said...

Hi Liz, I did harvest lemon balm fresh all last summer to brew tea. Seems to be one of the few teas I like the taste of. I did dry some branches too. Tea from them was okay, but not as fragrant of course. DID NOT know lemon balm spread. It's everywhere now and looks wild and unkept, but it smells so good I haven't reprimanded it yet.