Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

It's Okay. I'm Alright.

I decided to take some time off from blogging. Get away from the computer and enjoy life. Okay. The truth is the playoffs are on so I've been plopped in front of the tv most nights watching and cheering. Go Bruins go! Wooo!

By the way, how funny is that fan with the sign that says, "Horton Hears a Woo!"? (For my international blogging buddies who have not yet been bitten by the hockey bug - after a goal in Boston, the crowd yells 'Woooo!'. Nathan Horton, #18 with the Bruins, scored the winning goal the other night to send the B's to the Stanley Cup final. You're wishing you could get this on your tv's now, aren't you? I know.) 



Oh, how I wish I had Krejci in the hockey pool at work. (I'm in second! Like I know something about hockey. Funny.)

Where was I? Oh yes. Right. I was taking a blog-iday. Some time off. A blog-ation, if you will. And then the emails started. First Marian, Paul's sister - which was no problem because she's so nice and I love her to pieces and I doubt there's anything she could do to bug me. And then Robert. Paul's cousin. 

Rob took a blogging break for - are you ready? - two years. You read that right. Two. Years! Last weekend he mentioned that he's started reading me again (that sounds so dirty) and I haven't posted for a few days. Alright, a few weeks. Now he's blogging again. About me not blogging. Guilting me into writing something. And, damn it, here I am. Cousin-in-laws. Sheesh.

*****

Paul, brother Enos and Dorito took off a few days ago for Charlotte, North Carolina.

"Charlotte?" you say. "Why would they go to Charlotte?"

I wondered the same thing. Something about rednecks turning left. Oh, what do they call it now? Yes, yes. NASCAR. The race is today. (Some would cheer here; I prefer a nap.) I've heard from Dorito who sent a picture of Paul and I've heard from Enos who sent a picture of bacon, mentioned me and NASCAR and the obvious connection - when pigs fly. Haven't had a note from Paul though, which leads me to one conclusion. He can't remember his gmail password.

Here's the picture of Paul and his hero, Dale Jr. Riley calls him, his man-crush. Awww. Some say Paul kind of looks like Jr. They both certainly do attract very attractive women. Who are witty. And full of wisdom. Wooo!

That's Paul on the right. Or the left? Looks kind of waxy.

AML, Rob  ;-)

12 comments:

Da Bonkmonster said...

Giddy- wait for it......... up! Sweet Fancy Moses and Lard Tunnerin', Liz actually posted.


Wooooo!




Aml from your favorite cousin-in-law. Yep, bet your wondering why you married into this family. hehehe.


Doei!

Da Bonkmonster said...

Just read your comment.... Just curious? Was it the multiple comments on the blog that guilted you into the post or the multitude of phone calls?
Just so I know for next weekend.


*palm to mouth* Mmm-Wah!

Liz said...

* rolls eyes *

Carolina said...

I'm very confused by all the names, but the photo is good. No idea who's who and what they do or are (very confused indeed), but they are both good looking guys (not as handsome as our Mark Tuitert of course) and photos of good looking guys always make me smile ;-)

And now I'm off to put on my wooden shoes, avoid being hit by our windmill (again), eat some triple salted 'dropjes', a kroket and and some cheese and then mow the lawn.
It's a glamourous life ;-)

Glad you're back.

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!Once again life is good!
Did you notice both "guys" have their hands in their pockets?
Keep up the posts Sis!

Liz said...

Carolina - I'd tell you who these people are but I doubt you really care. Other than Paul, of course, who is the real-life guy on the right. Handsome dog. Hope that danged windmill didn't hurt you too much.

Marian - I figure you and Robert are in cahoots. And it's nice to know you care. :-)

Carolina said...

Ah, but is he on the right from our point of view of from their point of view?

It's a saying over here; when someone isn't 'all there' or slightly mad: they've been hit by a windmill ;-)

Dorito said...

I forgot to mention that it's a wax dummy.

(The one on the left.)

Olga said...

I prefer a nap too:)I am glad you blogging,posting and taking pictures of some handsome guys. I insist - they are handsome. Even with their hands in their pockets.

Mara said...

Sometimes it's just nice to leave the blogoworld for a while. Until the emails start coming that is...

Sharon Longworth said...

I've been away from bloggoworld for a while myself, but reading this felt a bit like coming home - thank you.

C.J. said...

Uh, what's this "hockey"? And who is Stanley? lol