Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring

 
 ...again. Might as well have fun.

.

9 comments:

Dorito said...

Can't blame the muddy floors on the dogs anymore. Haha!

Sharon Longworth said...

when we were kids and it rained, my dad would get us singing - It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring. He went to bed with a bump on his head and couldn't get up in the morning.
Odd how just the title of your post had me six years old and singing....

Liz said...

Hi Sharon - we sang that when we were kids too. Happy to report that the song has been passed on to the next generation - Nolan sang it yesterday.

Dorito said...

Speaking of T.O., I find the protesters are acting like spoiled brats to say that they are not given the right to protest in Toronto....if they didn't have the right to protest, they wouldn't be in Toronto, speaking on National television, whilst clogging up the city streets. They'd be lying in a ditch somewhere, with a bullet in their head.

Liz said...

They shouldn't be complaining about TO - they couldn't even get near the G8 site in Gravenhurst. I think the cops have been incredibly patient and have done everything they could to let the marchers march and free speech reign. The labour protest yesterday was huge and the organizers worked with the police. Once things broke down in the afternoon and those idiots showed up, the police had to protect the citizens. 'Nuff said.

Liz said...

Last thing - if the leaders of the world can't figure out how to conference call, then hold these boondoggles at the UN or, like many commenters on CBC said, at a place like Trenton Airforce Base. The absolute waste of your and my hard-earned money, is sickening.

Liz said...

Oh, hey, the G8 wasn't in Gravenhurst. It was in Huntsville. No wonder I couldn't get near the site! Sheesh.

Dorito said...

Haha!

I had to vent. We'll speak no more of this G20 quagmire. I don't even know if I'm using the right word...I just like saying "quagmire".

Seriously, all that fencing made one feel like a caged animal.

Liz said...

I hear the fencing's coming down now. Wonder if I could get some to keep the bunnies out of my peas. I'm sure they'd like to recoup part of the 5 million dollar price tag on it.