Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Waylon

We had some sad moments around here two weeks ago. We had to put Waylon down. The ole guy had lost the use of one of his front legs and, well, it was time. He'd had a good long life - with us from the moment he was born to Chimo over fourteen years ago. We'll miss him. And so will our neighbours across the road who always treated him to a snack when he wandered over for a visit. He was a good dog and will be buried here when the ground thaws, with his mum Chimo and his sister Sandy. Love you Bubba.


Waylon & Kokanee

7 comments:

Philip Dodd said...

Liz,
I'm really sorry to hear that. I could feel how much you love your dogs. I also remember with great fondness your post about him rolling around in the first snow of the year like a puppy. I'll remember that post for a long time. And I'll raise a drink tonight to Waylon.
Philip

Liz said...

Thanks Philip. I appreciate that and I'm sure ole Waylon does too.

A little story - Nolan, all four years old of him has a way with words when we lose a dog. When Waylon came home from the vet that night, we had to clear out the chest freezer so we could 'preserve' him 'til spring. (The things we do, eh.) Anyway, Nolan asked if we were going to eat him. Paul told him he was too big to fit in the crockpot. ;-)

Anonymous said...

PETS
---------
A woman explains to her friend that her husband is lazy.The only way she gets him up to work is to throw the cat on the bed,
The friend asks,"How does that get him up?"
The woman answers,"He sleeps with the Dog."
Dad.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that you caught Bubba sleeping. Wasn't he usually growling at everyone. Such a "mean" doggie. He had a wonderful spoiled life. I'll miss that hair on my pants.

Dorito said...

A man may smile and bid you hail
Yet wish you to the devil;
But when a good dog wags his tail,
You know he's on the level.
~Author Unknown

Amber said...

Sorry to hear your news about Waylon, but it sounds like he had a good, long life with a loving family.
Hugs,
Amber

Liz said...

Thanks Amber.