
The kids were out skating yesterday. We've cleared off a proper rink on one portion and shoveled paths on the north part. This we refer to as Radiator Springs. Riley's a good skater and loves getting out there. Cameron's been a pain in the butt for the last few years as he's refused to lace up. This year I vowed that both boys would at least give it the ole college try. Bribery has helped. After a few Saturdays out there, they both 'skate' around Radiator Springs with grins plastered across their faces. I don't see hockey in their futures but, good Lord, it seems almost unCanadian for them not to learn to skate. Especially when Mother Nature gives them a rink each winter.

Skating is always followed by a few trips down the hill

and across the ice
Tomorrow, Ri's class is hosting a bake sale to raise money for the people of Haiti. Secret Ingredient Brownies and Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are cooling on the table. The fly swatter keeps thieves away.

7 comments:
Why don't they just send the cookies to Haiti?
My brownies are tasty, I admit. But I'm sure they can make oodles of money selling them. The feds may have to cap donations again.
Hey, that's MY money they're donating! That means we've donated twice.
Okay by me. One of the few things that I agree with, with this government.
That's what I like about you. You care about things.
I stopped caring in 1991.
My little guy was a bit reluctant with the skating this year too, but once he'd been out there a couple of hours he took right off. It does seem like something that is part of our national identity, NHL material or not. ;) -These country kids are so lucky to grow up with it all in their own backyards.
Hi Leah - I suppose they're no different to us as kids - we didn't appreciate what we had either (or at least I didn't).
Post a Comment