Mother Nature's Gifts
Mornings like this are good for the soul. The sky is clear and blue. The trees glisten with hoar frost. And fresh cold air greets us as we make our way to meet the bus. Now, as I look out the window, br'er rabbit, with his thick winter coat, hops by. And on the front porch, our friend Po makes his first appearance of the winter. Po, so named by the kids, is a cardinal. For the past several winters, we've had a lovely pair of cardinals visit our feeder. This year, though, only the female (that would be Mrs. Po) has been spotted. I smile at his return.
Earlier, after waving good bye to the kids, I wandered out back. As I trudged through the snow, I chatted with a chickadee. He flew away. At the salt lick there is no sign of deer but what appear to be coyote tracks abound. Here and there, rabbits make their presence known as well.

Today, brother Enos and I head out to Guelph. He's hurt his foot and can't drive that far so I volunteered my services. It's a grand day for a roadtrip.
4 comments:
Wow. I didn't know you were such a flake.
I'm charging your Mum more. The current rate doesn't cover the abuse I have to take.
Beautiful post Liz. It's the little things.
Thanks Leah.
(Glad to hear from you - I've been thinking about you after hearing about the storm that's hit the prairies)
Post a Comment