Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

As Long As The Bats Aren't In My Belfry

Did you know that mosquitoes like swampy areas? (Living in the middle of one, I can attest to this fact.) And did you know that bats can eat hundreds of mosquitoes in a night? That's a pretty good reason to make them feel at home. Or better yet, to actually make them a home. This weekend, Paul built a bat house using these plans. Once it's painted black, he'll attach it to a pole in the backyard. The timing's good as they'll soon be coming out of hibernation and returning to the swamp. Wonder if they eat blackflies?

11 comments:

Dorito said...

TO THE BATCAVE!

Dorito said...

That's what I'll be saying when i turn into your driveway..


Oh! Code word "phrog".

Do bats eat phrogs?

Liz said...

Penguins.

Anonymous said...

Psssst! Want to buy some bats?

Liz said...

*looks around then whispers*

I'm hoping I don't have to.

Dorito said...

Now that would be cheating.

Cheater Cheater Mosquito eater.

Liz said...

I'm going to ask Paul to attach a baseball to the roof of the house.

Anonymous said...

Baseball to the roof? ohhhh for the kamikaze bats. hee hee

Liz said...

Yes. Hopefully it doesn't fall off and hit a blue jay.

Dorito said...

Why did you ever decide to start a blog, and how is it that I have one too???

Bats spelled backwards is "stab".

...the more you know...

Liz said...

Dorito spelled backwards is otirod. Like the long distance race.

Leonard spelled backwards is dranoel. That's stupid.