Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Greetings

A couple weeks ago, I was in the grocery store perusing the greeting card section, searching for a nice card to send Ri's hosts in Québec (a story I have neglected to fill y'all in on, but will; I promise). I found a couple of cards with cute pictures of golden retriever puppies for her new French friends. And then, because I have a thing for greeting cards, I continued looking. Of the thousands that I picked up, one made me laugh. Out loud. Alone. Well, unless you count the woman a few sections down who probably thought I was a nut. I read a few more 'cause that's what I do and then came back to the one that made me laugh. I read it again and guess what. I laughed again. Out loud. Alone. In the grocery store aisle. Well, except for the woman, a few sections down. I left the grocery store, smiling, with two copies of the card.

















The other day I was back in the same grocery store. I made a point of steering my cart down the greeting card aisle...and I left, grinning, with another three cards. Because, really, you never know when you'll need to send out a thank you card. Would you like a chicken?

8 comments:

CallieK said...

Love the card and personally I think a chicken would be an awesome thank you gift!

Fiona said...

I absolutely love it.
Should get you to send me a box-full.

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

Way to funny!!

Carolina said...

I'd love a chicken :-)

I'm like you. Love browsing greeting cards and laughing out loud when I find a really funny one. I'm pretty sure many people consider me to be a nutcase. They may be right ;-)

Unknown said...

love the card! But I would be worried that someone would take me up on the offer and I'd run out of chickens!

Dorito said...

Greetings Earthling.

Anonymous said...

If you weren't so attached to your chickens I'd be concerned. :>}

Marian

Liz said...

Callie - I'm still laughing when I read it.

Fiona - it's so stupid it's great.

Cheryl - I know!

Carolina - the way I see it, nutcases make the world go round. We're indispensable, really.

Liz - hee hee. You're right. Maybe we should add some fine print.

Dorito - nanoo nanoo

Marian - I owe you some eggs. Maybe there'll be a little card in there too.