Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Well, I'm Ready for Winter

We've been sitting under a weather alert here in southern Ontario as the tropics have moved north and taken over our little corner of the Great White North. (Remember snow? I do too. Vaguely.) In Toronto today, they were close to breaking the all-time record for heat. Up here in the Kawarthas, we were slighty cooler, reaching only 35 degrees C with a humidex of a mere 48. Sounds even hotter when you convert to farenheit. Are you ready? One hundred and eighteen degrees! We did manage to find one way to keep cool, though...

 
Here's hoping for slightly cooler temperatures tomorrow.

* Please remind me of this day in January when I'm whining about how cold it is. Because I will be.

9 comments:

Olga said...

When my husband and I were returning home at 10 in the evening, the thermometer in the car stated 32 degrees.

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

Not that I am a whiner or anything, but I sure wish I could have your warm weather!!! Until about mid June we were hot and dry. Now we are cold and wet. We have been over 20 since early June. Please send your warmth this way!!

Dorito said...

How in the heck did we manage years ago when we didn't have air conditioning?

Remember turning your pillow over to the 'cool' side in the middle of the night?

Liz said...

Olga - we were out too and the thermometer said about 30. Too hot for me.

Cheryl - if I could figure out how to reverse the jet stream, I'd be happy to send you about ten degrees. Any chance we could get a bit of rain from you?

Dorito - I guess we just didn't know any better. On the news last night they were giving pointers on keeping cool. One person wrote in and said her grandmother in Paris doesn't have AC so she puts her sheets in the freezer all day and takes them out at night.

Paul's buddy Ron at work - he used to deliver the Oshawa Times to our house when I was a kid - anyway, his sister lives in Texas. They have an ice truck come in and dump ice in their pool.

Carolina said...

That is just silly! Those temperatures are only right for people down below somewhere. Not for you people up there. I'm sure you will think back fondly to those nice, warm (yeah, I know; HOT) summer days when the snow hits you again.
Misty Meadows must be living near us. We share the same weather ;-)

Keep cool ;-)

Liz said...

I know! We Canucks just aren't built for this. In winter you can add layers and layers of clothing. But you can only take so much off in summer. There are laws, you know. ;-)

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

you can have all the rain your little heart desires!!!

Unknown said...

Its lovely to see summer on the other side of the world, makes me appreciate winter frosts (only a little bit) because I know I'll only be whinging about the heat when it finally comes back our way. I just have to enjoy the woodstove and cups of tea while its still cold enough :)

Liz said...

There's something to be said for all the seasons. Enjoy your tea and woodstove.