Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

These Golden Days

Rosie's been with us for a month now. When she first arrived out here in the sticks, she didn't know quite what to make of us. Paul is a little weird, so I could kind of understand her apprehension, but I'm pretty awesome to hang around with. Yet, she ran away from me when I came in the door. She loved to play ball but as soon as the lacrosse sticks came out, she cowered. Poor girl was scared of every little thing. But now, ever so slowly, she's coming along. The other evening, she finally braved the upstairs hallway to explore our bedroom. That night, while we slept, she joined us on the bed. Rosie's home.

Walking to the village

"Come on, throw the ball, throw the ball!"

"You can't catch me, Wosie."

Longer days means more time to play

Yes?

9 comments:

Marguerite said...

I love seeing how much attention Rosie is getting from your whole family. Looks like she found a whole lotta people to love her and take care of her.

Sharon Longworth said...

'Rosie's home'- that just made me grin. Widely.

Liz said...

Marguerite - thanks. She's pretty hard to resist.

Sharon - glad I could return the favour. ;-)

Mara said...

And by the sounds of it a fantastic home as well!

Olga said...

If you need a private and exclusive photographer for Rosie - let me know :)

Dorito said...

In the second photo, she looks like a puppy.

ROSIE ROCKS!

Liz said...

Mara - she seems to be happy living with a bunch of nuts

Olga - she's pretty photogenic, isn't she?

Dorito - I know. She's so cute. She was awfully cute on Sunday with her chin on your shoulder too.

Dorito said...

I think the kids were surprised that she took a liking to me so quickly.

I ROCK!

Liz said...

She'd been drinking Paul's beer.