Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Smiley

Every now and again, the artistic side comes out in me. You know, the one beyond stick people and colouring outside the lines. (I'm getting better.) Yesterday's lunches just didn't cut it so, grab a few carrots, place them just so, and a cheese bun is magically transformed. It was so artsy, I'm told, that Riley showed the whole class. That's right. Just call me Pablo.

This magnificent piece is on display now at the Art Gallery of Ontario

14 comments:

Philip Dodd said...

Tell you what Pablo - That looks quite demonic.

Ri said...

I loved that face, and I honestly showed it to my class, I found it quite funny, it looked like Pooh Bear to me, you can see his features in the bun...

Carolina said...

Nothing surprises me anymore, since in the Netherlands an artist made a floor out of peanut butter that was bought by a museum

http://www.boijmans.nl/en/7/calendar-exhibitions/calendaritem/783/the-peanut-butter-platform-by-wim-t-schippers

I think your carrot/cheese art is one of the finest examples I have ever seen in this genre ;-)

Liz said...

Philip - I tried carrots at the top and bottom and, in the end, laughed harder at Satan than Frankenstein. (Note: I don't get out much.)

Ri - I'm glad you liked it. And I'm glad you thought it looked like Pooh.

Carolina - Yes, Wim got the idea from me. Ahem.

Mara said...

The first thing I wondered about was why you put carrots on a sandwich, and then I realised you put them in something else. Although I am at a bit of a loss as to what it actually is!

Anonymous said...

What I would like to know is did Riley eat it?

Sharon Longworth said...

Truly beautiful.
You could always make stick men out of carrots to expand your repertoire...

Bub said...

Haa ha ha ha! I can't decide whether I'm scared, impressed or jealous. A mixture of all three I think.

Dorito said...

Pablo? Next time give the cheese bun one eye,and put the mouth on a 45 degree slope.

Your grocery list next time I visit:

Cream
Cheese buns
Provolone cheese
Tomatoes
Mayonnaise

Liz said...

Mara - it's a bun with cheese baked into it. Yummy. The artistically placed carrots were easily removed...ruining the art piece of course.

Anon - you betcha she did. In stages.

Sharon - I like that. Come summer, I can use 'frizzy headed lettuce' to top it all off. C'est magnifique!

Bub - 'scared' is probably most accurate

Dorito - I'll get right on that

Olga said...

Still laughing.
I don't agree with Phillip. Pablo looks very cheerful.

Liz said...

Olga - why thank you. I think Philip was just jealous of my creativity. ;-)

Fiona said...

Hey Liz, you're a culinary genious.
(And also thanks for the tip on my long-suffering zucchinis).

Liz said...

Fiona - I've been called many things, but never culinary genius. ;-)

Glad you saw the bit about the zucchini. Hopefully it helps!