Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Look What I Made, Grampa

Hi Gramma and Grampa. Cameron here. Thanks for the Lego Star Wars spaceship. Mum and Nolan helped me find the pieces and I made it today. Nolan didn't help that much. He was watching Scooby Doo more. It's really cool. And I'd never seen it before. It wasn't in the Wish Book. I'm taking it to bed with me tonight.

 
Clone Wars Separatist Shuttle (ooh, I've gotta put that Hallowe'en decoration away)

11 comments:

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

Hi Cameron

When my son was growing up, his favourite toy was also lego. He is now 18.

When he was little boy, my mother gave him all of my brothers's lego too. Yup, she had kept it all.

He had many hours of enjoyment from his lego. It was amazing where his imagination took him. I hope you experience that too!! Have many years of fun with your lego, sweetie.


Cheryl

Mara said...

It sounds as if you all had a fantastic Christmas. I wish I could meet Santa some day, I've only ever seen his cousin (Sinterklaas) but never at night. And that hill sounds fantastic!

The Idiot said...

Star Wars? Are the kids still into that? I thought it was all hard drugs and kung fu tortoises!

Bub said...

Lego is fantastic! My kids spent many an hour building all sorts of things when they were younger. I've kept all the lego they had; it's all tucked away, ready and waiting for the next generation of my family to enjoy (and I will enjoy it too).

Cameron, have fun!

Liz said...

Cheryl - Cammy & I just read this together. We're both all smiles now.

Mara - we're pretty spoiled having a toboggan hill right next to the house. Can't beat country-living.

IG - Star Wars has had a resurgence. Clone Wars now, you know.

Bub - my brother & I spent many an hour with Lego too. We scored big time when Dad gave all the old Lego to us.

Dorito said...

He can smile? Who knew!

Liz said...

He always smiles after you leave too. You're just not around to see it.

Sharon Longworth said...

I love Lego. I'd still play with it if I had any & I'm looking forward to inflicting it on the grandson - once he's got past the eating everything stage

Liz said...

Lego is one of those great inventions that we get to share with the next generation and the next...

It's certainly gone beyond the blocks that we played with.

C.J. Keller said...

Happy New Year's Liz! Thanks for not forgetting about this sleepy Wisconsin girl.
My 5 year old son just got into Legos. Last year, those fancy kits were just too complicated for him, but this year he's completely into it and was given 3 kits for Christmas.
Sunday night, I come down with strep throat with a high fever and had these constant nightmares- the longest and scariest was one in which I was sitting on a shag carpeted floor covered with tiny lego parts and trying to follow instructions that had been cut apart and mixed up. I could feel my fingers burning in pain as I kept putting the pieces together wrong and having to pry them apart.
In waking life, I have been loving playing with Legos with my son-although somehow they do seem to explode like a minefield from their box.
Wishing you and your family all the best this new year!

Liz said...

Happy new year CJ! Dreams sure do change a lot when you're a mom, don't they? :)