Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Laughing All The Way

Once the gifts were opened on Christmas day, breakfast was had and I woke from my impromptu nap on the couch - ahem - we bundled up and went outside. The hill this year is the best it's ever been. The snow's well packed and there's a bit of a shine to it where the flying saucers have traveled it's slope so many times. It had ended towards the top of the facing hill but, by the time we were finished with it this day, the run curled and made its way back down into the cattails. Turns out the ground isn't frozen there and where there's cattails, there's water. And mud. Nolan's coat is proof of that. Yep. Another fine day on the hill...

9 comments:

The Idiot said...

C'mon Liz, sort the video out. I can't see a thing. (or is it just me?)

Liz said...

What if you lean and squint at the same time - kinda like with the tree?

(Not to worry, tho' - it's not that exciting)

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

I have not tobogganed in years!!!!

It would help if I had a hill...of any kind...

we are flatlanders were we live

Dorito said...

Video! You've entered uncharted territory!

Marguerite said...

That's fantastic, looks like your kids are having a blast (and dad too!)

Liz said...

A good time was had by all!

The Idiot said...

Finally got the video to work. Where's the people crashing into trees/each other/poles? Honestly, you all look sober, even the children!

Liz said...

IG - There used to be a tree toward the bottom of the hill. A wee sapling that the neighbour had given us. Our dogs ate it. And, no more tree.

Linda said...

Looks like a fun time.....I haven't done that in years! Thanks for stopping in a "de-lurking"! All the very best in 2011!!