Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Was Gonna Build An Ark...

...because it's been raining nonstop for a day and a half. Good thing we don't live in the middle of a swamp. Oh, wait. We do. Anyhoo, you just never know what you're going to get this time of year - rain, snow or, my personal favourite, the ever-popular freezing rain. Nothing quite like driving on a skating rink. But today, oh, mid-morning, after 40 days, or whatever, the rain started to turn to snow. Big, fluffy, white snowflakes. Beautiful.

Oooh, Christmas card material

8 comments:

Ryan said...

It was beautiful wasn't it. Too bad it warmed up so much in the afternoon that it all turned to slop.

K said...

Oh, you too? My backyard lake is back... and it's a good thing I just got my new roof on before all this started!

Leah said...

Gorgeous photo!

Anonymous said...

Great picture Liz.

Cookie

Unknown said...

Nice pic. I'm in scotland, it's look a lot like that all over the country this month. All the papers are putting a negative spin on it but I kinda like it.

Liz said...

Hey Ryan - the snow sure was heavy. Kids enjoyed it; they got out tobogganing. I could have done without the snowplow that just about ran me off our road, though.

K - if it stays cold enough, that lake will turn into a skating rink for you.

Leah, Cookie & David - thanks! It sort of looks like delft; I was kind of impressed myself!

David - I've heard that your area of the world has been nailed with snow. I'm guessing you guys are kind of like our west coast...you probably don't have the equipment to handle it. Enjoy it! You won't have to worry about it when you go to school in California. ;-)

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

what a lovely picture Liz!

Liz said...

Thanks Cheryl!