(For the story behind all this, you might want to check out the first installment - Jack and Charlie. Then again, you might not.)
From: Enos StrateSubject: A final day from our pilgrimage to mecca...Date: November 21, 2010 7:54:55 PM EST
Well, our mission has now been completed fully. We wandered around downtown Nashville today, retracing much of our path of enlightenment from the night previous, visiting Tootsie's Orchid Lounge as part of today's pilgrimage.
Prior to this, however, we made it our purpose to visit the Willie Nelson and Family Museum and General Store in order to find a red bandana, which we succeeded in doing. We browsed the museum and discovered that next door was Cooters, the Dukes of Hazzard store and museum. We were truly blessed to be able to view the artifacts of such cinematic and musical history.
Though we were already blessed with fulfilment, we discovered (from our waitress at our rooftop place of mid-day nourishment) that one final destination awaited us. Our final stop took us to Hendersonville, a mere 20 minutes from Nashville. After arriving there, we asked a K9 police officer directions to Johnny and June Carter Cash's former house. The first family of country music had lived there since the late 1960s until their deaths in 2003. A few years later, after the house had been sold for 2.3 Million dollars, it burned to the ground. We eventually found the spot on the shore of Old Hickory Lake where the house had been. Inspiration indeed.
We shall be returning from our voyage of discovery and enlightenment tomorrow.
God Bless All, Shalom and Amen
Cooter and Enos
| No Dodge jokes from the peanut gallery please. |
I know. I'm thinking the same thing. Where does Enos come up with this stuff?
11 comments:
It's a freakin' fantasy land.
Look, boss. Da plane.
A museum? For the Dukes of Hazzard?? Oh, I really need to win the lottery so I can go and visit all those amazing sights. (And no, this is honestly no joke, I would love to see the Dukes of Hazzard museum, I loved that show)
Yep, a museum for the Dukes. I wouldn't doubt that they go down to Nashville again one day. Maybe you'll be living in Canada by then and you can hitch a ride.
DUKEFEST
Genral Lee Jump
I have the sound off (wastes too much electricity). Don't know if audio is questionable.
Are you going to ban me from your blog, Liz? I'm just getting started!
That actually looks awesome.
http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/
I was just there a few weeks ago....how awesome huh???
Hi Fickle Cattle - they had a blast, no matter what Cooter might tell you (that's a great name, by the way)
Momadeb - That's funny! Last time I snuck over to your blog, you had photos of a basketball team. Just checked again and there's Charlie Daniels.
One of our favorite things to play as kids was Dukes of Hazzard. I was surrounded by brothers, so I always got to play Daisy. It was too funny watching the show years later as an adult!
Should look for it on youtube or something. The kids'd probably like it.
Post a Comment