Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Our Highway

Fifteen years ago at a little church just north of Oshawa, in front of the best friends and family anyone could ever imagine, a dude and his bride said "I do." After the bubbles were blown, the pictures posed for and the supper enjoyed, the newly married couple were entertained by the groom's parents and his six brothers and sisters, all wearing Florida Gators shirts and each with two balloons placed just so. His father wore alligator slippers and a papier-maché gator head and marched around the hall, bunny-hop-style, to AC/DC's Big Balls. I'll share the story of how this came about another time. Suffice it to say, alcohol was involved.

Today, all these years later, in another house in a different town and with three fabulous little munchkins (and various other critters), I want to say - Happy Anniversary Darlin'. Wouldn't change a bit of it. And this song still rocks as much as it did on our wedding day.


8 comments:

cooter davenport said...

awww.Happy anniversary dear.Here's to the next 15 years on the ole highway.

K said...

Happy Anniversary!

Stoney Creek Homestead said...

Happy Anniversary! May you and your hubby have many more enjoyable years!!

Philip Dodd said...

Happy anniversary.
Bon Scott. Best of his kind. I'm sure he'd be having a smile thinking of that song being used to celebrate a wedding anniversary. As for the other one... how the hell did that ever get on an album?

wendyytb said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Sharon Longworth said...

Lovely, just lovely. I think you already know I'm a sucker for a wedding story, and particularly a wedding story with a song attached.
Happy anniversary!

Dorito said...

Happy Anniversary!

Liz said...

Thanks everyone!