I want to print off your picture and frame it! I love courgettes (as we call'em over here) and insist on planting far too many on the allotment each year. Philip simply doesn't understand my happiness at eating a plate of fried courgettes with melted cheese on top, again and again and again as I work my way through the glut - but I love 'em.
No matter the weather or the failure of any (or all) other crops, you can't kill zucchini. It's a great confidence booster. Plus, I can hide it in brownies and the kids'll never know.
6 comments:
I want to print off your picture and frame it! I love courgettes (as we call'em over here) and insist on planting far too many on the allotment each year. Philip simply doesn't understand my happiness at eating a plate of fried courgettes with melted cheese on top, again and again and again as I work my way through the glut - but I love 'em.
No matter the weather or the failure of any (or all) other crops, you can't kill zucchini. It's a great confidence booster. Plus, I can hide it in brownies and the kids'll never know.
Did you know that you can also make pickles and relish? It is delicious.
Don't forget the zucchini fritters!
You can stuff the zucchini flowers with rice/groundbeef/tomato mixture, you know.
Hey Cookie - I do know about pickles and relish 'though I've never tried them. One day...
The zucchini flower bit sounds yummy. Can't wait for Cookie to invite us over for a sample.
Post a Comment