I am properly flattered. I aspire to having a potato themed johnny cash type figure paying tribute to me, so am well happy. Cheers Liz, I almost fell off my chair, Bud the spud - aka Philip aka the domesticated bohemian.
Stompin' Tom is great. Did you know that his stage name came about when a waiter at a bar in, wait for it, Peterborough, Ontario introduced him as Stompin' Tom? The useless trivia here is amazing, isn't it?
5 comments:
I am properly flattered. I aspire to having a potato themed johnny cash type figure paying tribute to me, so am well happy. Cheers Liz, I almost fell off my chair,
Bud the spud - aka Philip aka the domesticated bohemian.
Stompin' Tom always sold out when he was in T.O. (I'm speaking of him as if he's dead).
The University kids LOVED him! He was kitchy, I guess.
The Easterners just roll their eyes when you mention his name.
Glad I helped make your day, Philip.
Stompin' Tom is great. Did you know that his stage name came about when a waiter at a bar in, wait for it, Peterborough, Ontario introduced him as Stompin' Tom? The useless trivia here is amazing, isn't it?
Watch Margo's Got The Cargo too. Funny.
You've gotta love the Maritimer accent, eh, bye.
And according to Stompin' Tom, K.D. Lang dances around like an orangutan...or is it pronounced 'orangutang' to rhyme?
Post a Comment