Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

You'll Never Guess What The Kids Did Today, Dear

Here it is, April 2nd and we hit about 24 degrees today. Record shattering for sure. The kids were out back, which, in the spring, tends to mean muck, soakers and ear to ear grins. After a bit, they all came running up to the house and Ri yelled, "Mum, can we put swimsuits on?" I looked at her like she was half baked and said yes. What the heck. It was sunny and warm. Into the house they ran and then, moments later, four children zipped by in a blur. A little time went by and I went to check out the action. Cammy was on his way back, a little muddy, kinda wet and barefoot. His dirty crocs had wet grass hanging from them. Oooh, this probably means trouble. We wandered back to the bog together and then, suddenly, the reason for the mud, wet skin and bare feet became clear...

the water's a little deeper than I'd figured...

...the gang's a little wetter than I'd figured...

...and they're considerably nuttier than even I'd figured.
And, Nolan looks like he's got something
growing out of the top of his head.



Not bad for the beginning of April. Better not get used to it, though - there's a chance of flurries in the forecast for next Friday.

6 comments:

Philip Dodd said...

Fantastic photos. Loved the first one which could have been taken at any point in the last 100 years (if someone had invented colour photography then!). Your weather is weirdly parallel but just a bit nicer than ours.
Philip

Dorito said...

You're sick.

Leave the birds to do their business...in private.

Liz said...

I'm so glad I got those pictures although, when I came over that hill, my jaw nearly hit the ground. Temps are running at least fifteen degrees above normal. Normal is cool and rainy. They'll remember that day for a long time.

Liz said...

*shakes head whilst rolling eyes*

Dorito said...

Hey, I thought it was funny.

I laughed. That's all that matters.

Those yellow shoes of mine would be perfect for your backyard.

Liz said...

Which yellow shoes would these be? You'll have to do a post about them. Or, just put up a picture.