Ri's poor ole nose has been stuffed up and she didn't get much sleep last night so we spent the day at home. She took it pretty easy (lucky thing I had recorded Ghostbusters) and so it seemed like a pretty good day to dive into the apples that have been sitting here for a few weeks waiting to be made into sauce. Paul had originally picked up 4 bushels and we had been storing them in the garage. Over the course of a few days, a critter of either the masked or striped persuasion was into them and relieved us of about 1/2 a bushel. (Probably a friend of the pea-snatching deer.) They've been in the not-quite-as-warm-as-the-rest-of-the-house room since. I'm happy to say that we now have a nice stash of applesauce.
Anytime I'm working in the kitchen, I have the Wolf on the radio. And each time I listen, there's a song that stands out. A song that I can't get out of my head for the rest of the day. Today it was the Tragically Hip's 'Wheat Kings', the story of David Milgaard. Great song.
If you're a fan of the Hip, check out this site. I've gotta say, I didn't know that Willie Nelson was anything other than Willie Nelson. Gives new meaning to those trips to Bobcaygeon.
4 comments:
Ah, one of my favorites too. Thanks for that!
1. how much is a bushel exactly????
2. That's a really good song and a gripping story. You heard of the Birmingham 6 or the Guildford 4? If not have a google search. Major moments in british history.
I haven't looked up the willie nelson thing yet but will do. Me and Sharon and my mate Ian went to see Willie Nelson in Manchester a few years ago. The idea was to go see something we normally wouldn't. It was crazy and great at the same time. But his british fans are crazy. At least two were dressed EXACTLY like him. Weird. But what a guitarist he is. Had a great night, but weird.
Philip
You're very welcome. Even though I know a lot of their songs, it wasn't 'til I took a look at the link that I realized how much they sing about Canada.
A bushel. Well, I had to look it up because you can't see me holding my hands out, like this, to show you. Turns out a bushel of apples is about 42lbs (about 19kg).
I googled the groups you mentioned. Seems to me these are as good a reason as any not to have capital punishment.
Funny about Willie Nelson. He's one of my brother's favourites (speaking of crazy). Even named his dog Willie - brother of our dog, Waylon.
Post a Comment