I was back home before nine and, as I was gathering up my supplies, Dorito arrived. We packed things up and headed out to Keene for a basket-making class. Baskets, especially old ones, are among my favourite things in the whole wide world and I'd been looking forward to this day for awhile.
Maureen and Brenda, the owners of Canal Street, were our hosts and Gina showed us how it was done. Getting started was tricky...especially for someone who lacks coordination. Like me. And Dorito. However, we perservered and soon had this...

Once the bottom was finished, we started weaving the sides. The first few rows nearly sent us into a spin, but, being such brave souls, we soldiered on...

I'm glad we hung in because it was smooth sailing the rest of the way...

And here, our final product...

As we drove home I decided it's time to quit my day job and we're gonna go into business together, making baskets. No need to tell Paul this just yet, however. Dorito thinks it's best to hire someone with coordination to craft the bottom and first three rows (the kids'd be cheap) and then we'll take over, finish them up and take all the credit. We're looking for a name for the venture.
4 comments:
Aren't you proud of me not buying anything at the store? I almost bought the copper tub....and the old washing machine...and the ink well.
I'm proud of you, Dorito. Well done. I would have arm wrestled you for the old wringer washer, though.
If that washer worked, that would have been a steal. It was half the price of the one at the antique barn.
I just noticed your topic "Tisket Tasket"...that made me laugh!
That made you laugh? Doesn't take much, does it? Should that be the name of our new venture? Kinda lame.
Post a Comment