Green Tomato Relish
Wednesday, after supper, the kids and I went out and picked the vines clean of tomatoes. The timing was, well, timely as we had frost the following night and the plants are done. There are now tomatoes lying out in baskets and on ledges ripening. But, what to do with the tomatoes that are so green, there's no chance they'll ever so much as blush. Well, turns out you can make green tomato relish. And so I did. Yummy, too.
(Hey, Dad - Happy Birthday!)
.
8 comments:
visited your blog for the first time today. Really liked the feel of it. I've got an allotment in the UK and enjoyed reading about what you've harvested. Be interested to see what else you write about. Nice to read you! Philip
Hi Philip - glad you dropped by. I took a little wander over your way and will be back to snoop around some more later. Right now, I've got to go out and dig up some potatoes for supper. I love that we can do that. :o)
Nothing beats french fries made from your own potatoes. I made three batches today and broke my deep fryer lol. Yay, new deep fryer!
Hey Cookie. Have you used any of your purple spuds for fries?
Yup. Very tasty but looks wierd lol.
Cookie needs to turn her kitchen into a commercial kitchen. Too many big mouths to feed.
Have you heard of fried green tomatoes? Yummy!
Yep, I have but only because of the movie. Never tried them.
Post a Comment