Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Berries from Buckhorn

Dorito was up today. I went back to work a day early this week and took today off instead. For raspberry picking. Dorito couldn't wait. She'd been on about it all week. Seriously. Okay, she thought I was joking and was stunned to find out that I was not. She's still talking to me. I'm uncertain as to whether that's a real benefit to me...we'll go with it as a positive for now. (Especially if she wins on that lottery ticket she bought.)

Dorito arrived around 9:30, teeth all sparkly and white (dentist appt you know). I showed her the community garden in Millbrook as I knew she'd be thrilled to see how it was coming along - having been to the ribbon cutting and all. Next to Peterborough for a little breakfast and then up to Caza Berry Farm in Buckhorn. We had five baskets in all to fill and I graciously allowed Dorito to use one for herself. I know. I am good to her. Then we set to work filling the remaining four baskets with the main ingredient for tomorrow's jam session.


4 comments:

Dorito said...

Oh, you're not getting your basket back. The handle broke when I took the basket out of the fridge. Berries all over the floor.

I gave those ones to Cookie.

Liz said...

You broke my basket?

Unknown said...

The berries were all over the floor?

Dorito said...

Ya Cookie. It's all Liz's fault.