My wee little strawberry patch was in desperate need of help. Who invented grass, anyway? I spent hours pulling dandelions and grass. I must admit, I suddenly understood why pesticides and such came to be. However, it's done now and looks so much better. Looks like I lost several plants over the winter but I picked up a bundle of them last week and in they went today.
My helper, Nolan, waterer-extraordinaire, I might add, assisted me with some of the digging and watering. And what a worm-finder! That boy's got a gift, I tell ya. During our breaks, which at times were frequent, we'd head out to one of the bogs and hunt for frogs. Like this one...
Over the weekend, I think we found a grand total of seven. We also took a look at this website and we'll see if we can contribute.
Our neighbour Greg was able to reconnect his tractor and tiller after 'converting' it into something else (and forgetting how the belt laid out - says he'll take pictures next time :o) ) and was good enough to drive it over this afternoon for our use. The garden, much to Paul's chagrin, is going to be bigger again this year. There's a good chance I, too, will regret this as weeding gets out of hand at the best of times, but, what the heck? We've got the room so might as well make it productive. And, yes, I admit, it may kill me, but I figure, with Nolie by my side digging up weeds (mostly) and never ever drowning plants - Look Mum, muck! - I've got it covered.
This week I'm looking forward to more blackfly bites (well, maybe not) and an achey back. And soon, the first strawberries. Mmmm.
4 comments:
*sings*
Hello my Babeee
Hello my Darling
Helo my rag time gal...
Excellent! You're practicing your singing for the weekend. You look so good in your gardening Birks.
What??? I thought you were done with the gardening !
*cough*
*cough*
I think I'm getting sick.
Post a Comment