Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Nickelback at the ACC

The show last night was great. Three acts, Saving Abel, Seether and Nickelback rocked the ACC for three-and-a-half/four hours. And our seats were unbelievable. Once the last encore was played, we headed out to Union Station to catch the last train of the night. After a delay, we found our way to Oshawa where I dropped my new best friend, Dorito, off. And then home. My head finally hit the pillow at 2:45 and I told myself I'm far too old for this. That was reinforced when the alarm went off at 6:30. But it was worth it. Who doesn't like butter?

6 comments:

Dorito said...

Ya. The seats were okay.

I dragged you around in the freakin cold, and all we got out of it was a book..for me!

The Chinese food settled this afternoon. I'm off of that stuff for a while...blah.

I'm glad you got over your Nickel back. As my head hit the pillow last night, I realized many events that night added up to the number 5. Let me explain:

1) It was March 2. March is the 3rd month, the 2nd is well, the 2nd..duh. 3+2=5

2) We were short changed a nickel at Denny's. 1 nickel = 5 cents

3) We went to see Nickelback. Another number 5. And, as you noted, you never got your 'nickel back' at the restaurant...eh?eh?
Nickel back = Nickelback

4) Our Train was supposed to leave at 12:13. It arrived at 12:20. Look at the numbers in "12:20":

1+2+2+0 = 5

5) If you add up the letters in the lead singer's name, Chad Kroeger, you get the number 5.

6) Creepy eh? Here's the last one:
We saw Tie Domi. If you add up all the letters in his name, you get the number 75. 7+5=12 and 1+2=3. See? He's an idiot.

Dorito said...

I still think I should make up a band that mocks "Saving Abel", and call it "Defending Cain".

Liz said...

I'll go along with the Domi comment. Let's look at this one. The Leafs last won the Stanley Cup in 1967.

1+9+6+7=23
2+3=5

See. They're stupid too.

What does Jerome Iginla add up to?

Dorito said...

Jerome? 10--> 1+0 =1

He doesn't fit into the picture.

BUT! The code word I have to type in right now is "straf" which adds up to "1".

Weird.

Dorito said...

Did you mention the pyrotechnics, and the tan we got from sitting too close?

Liz said...

My eyelashes are singed.

Codeword: lente! I'm giving up late nights.