
Two posts and I'm already starting to feel the pressure. I hadn't really intended on posting daily. I know, I know. What the heck else would a full-time working mother of three do in her spare time? However, it looks like at least half of my two followers want to see more. So, this is for you.
Nolan is in swimming lessons on Sunday mornings; Cameron & Riley go Thursdays after school. It was impossible to get them all in together and, quite frankly, what the heck else would a full-time working mother of...well, you get the picture. To be honest, it works out well this way. The older kids go to school in town and it's easy for me to leave work a little early, whip over to the school, pick them up and take them to the pool. Nolan? Not so much. Daycare is out of town, closer to home, and the driving back and forth is too much. But this works. Besides, Paul isn't in town every day like I am so he often takes Nolie on Sundays and then does his running around while he's there.
Now, whenever we go anywhere, there are really only two routes we can take...both involve driving north up our road and either turning right and curling towards the highway or continuing north to the same highway. We have creatively named these routes 'the mail way' and 'the goat way'. I know - the sheer imagination here is astounding. If you look to the top of this post (go ahead, I'll wait), that's 'the goat way' that you see. It's my favourite route. Goats are comical creatures. 'The mail way' is darned exciting too, especially with our new and improved Canada Post Superbox (installed just two weeks ago) but somehow it isn't as fascinating as 'the goat way'. I can get a picture of our mailbox if you'd like and you can decide for yourself but I think you'd agree, 'the goat way' is the way to go.
Which brings me back to swimming and every other excursion that involves more than one child. Invariably, as we approach the turn in the road, I ask, "Goat way or mail way?". And just as that turn in the road is always there, so too are the arguments over which way we're going to go. You'd think I'd learn.
Sunday's swimming session involved only Paul and Nolan. The day was cold, the snow was falling and Nolan was bundled up in winter coat, boots and toque. After the lesson, they left the pool, hit a few stores looking for soil for our apple trees (that's a story for another day) and eventually arrived home. Nolie, with his usual flair, removed his boots and toque. Apparently his hair was wet when he first donned his hat. That boy was a site to behold.And they had taken 'the goat way' home.
AML
~Liz
15 comments:
Hey McBoink - how's that? There's some kind of a gadget that one can use to poll people. I'm thinking of setting it up and polling to see if people (yes, both of you) want to see a pic of the mailbox. I'll be the tiebreaker. What do you think?
AML
rotflmao. Thanks. It's great to know that you hear your 'fans', 'fan', well, whatever. I must say, I think a picture of the super box might be exciting. I mean, really, what other excitement goes on there? Roight? ( Roight. that makes me laugh..... like, Oh, Squidgey One at the top of her lungs. You may want to poll Dorito as I think she was probably able to hear that too.) Anyway, back to what I was talking about, I remember, don't worry.......... Did I say the mailbox? Yes, yes. I believe pictures of the superbox at various angles is in order here. I mean,what else could a mother of 3 have to do that's more important than ridiculous photos of Canada Post?.... well, other than canning. But that must be done as the bowl must have surely been returned to the lovely Dorito. Roight? Excellent blog today. Can't wait till tomorrow to read aboot the apple tree.
AML.
*(McBoink)* thats' funny too.
You knew after I got the email that I'd have to come over here and check out the comments. Hope the post was worthy. And you know I'm gonna get pics of the mailbox, don't you? Crap. I need a life.
God help you if you get another fan. Your home life will suffer unbelievably trying to fulfill all the requests for pictures of mailboxes and goats and dead cars in the f/y and the silo out back and the saltlick and the puppies and the new garage and the new garage light and peddles and your old straw hat and all that snow and your favorite cousin (in-law) and nascar tires and lions and tigers and giraffes and lipton chicken noodle soup.mmm,mmm, good.
You need to go to work...far, far too much time on your hands. Besides, people are staring...I'm sitting at my computer at work with a big goofy grin on my face after reading this stuff. Between you and Dorito, people are going to figure out that I'm not as busy as I let on. Although adding more modems to our stock is pretty amusing.
..and one for grandpa. there are three kinds of people in this world. those that can count and those that can't
.....one for Ri. What's the difference between chopped beef and pea soup? Everyone can chop beef but it takes someone special to pea soup.
Hardy-Har
...for peddles. How do you keep a moron in suspense?
I'll tell you next week.
Aaahhhhh-hahahhahahah. Oh, I slay me
Nolie, hey Nolie, what do you call a sheep with no legs?
A cloud. Quick, go call grandpa.
I had one for the squidgey one too but it's far too dirty to share here. Sorry.
AML anyway
Bonkers. You're stealing my thunder, man.
(good ones - especially the one for peddles. betcha he's still scratching his head..but don't tell him I said that,'kay?)
Onestly you guy's are'nt talking about Nolans "Buzz" hairdoo, i'll start. ....... . Did you like my story? I did. Next!!!!
****Riley$$$$$
Let's chalk the spelling up to being schooled in another language. *sigh*
What are you doing way back here?
I was afraid to ask
Post a Comment